Our group will be staying at the Epic Sana Marquês Hotel in Lisbon. This five-star luxury hotel is steps away from the main Avenida da Liberdade. (Their version of 5th Avenue)
- Complimentary breakfast with champagne daily
- Rooftop Pool
- Free Wifi
- Central location
- Standard rooms for single occupancy are € 230 and € 255 for double occupancy
- Suites that accommodate up to four people are € 430 for two people and € 455 for four people
- Currency Converter
- The hotel website will populate the word BONIQUE to apply the discount code
Bookings are available until June 30, 2022
- 30 days prior to arrival date cancellation without penalty
- Between 29 to 6 days before arrival, 50% of the stay will be charged
- 0-7 days prior to arrival, entire stay will be charged
- NO SHOW will be charged the totality of the stay
- Any cancellation must be sent to the hotel in writing
All items below are hosted unless otherwise indicated
August 31 2022
Arrival Day and
Relax at Leisure
September 1 2022
Morning: Leisure and Relax
Afternoon: Tuk-Tuks & Go Cars
This unique mode of transportation will allow us to explore the city in a way that is authentic to Lisbon. Together we will roll through the streets of Lisbon, learn its history, and discover the best kept secrets that Lisbon has to offer.
Evening: Welcome Night Reception
Join the birthday girl and see Lisbon in lights. Catch up with old friends or meet new ones as we enjoy the breathtaking views of the city and kickstart the celebration.
September 2 2022
Travel to Sintra
- Sintra is a delightful town that is situated within the hills and hidden within those hills are extravagant palaces, opulent mansions, and ruins of an ancient castle. One of the most important palaces to visit is Palacio da Pena, which exemplifies the 19th century Romanticism style of architecture. This is the Disneyland Palace of Lisbon.
- We will be picked up from the hotel to explore the Sintra mountains. The town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site on account of its classic architecture.
- We enjoy lunch together
- Dinner and evening on own
September 3 2022
- Together we will sail to Troia Beach to discover one of the most popular summer destinations of Europeans.
- The party boat provides culinary delights along with fun water toys like kayaks, paddleboards and a banana boat.
- Dinner and evening on own
September 4 2022
African Lisbon Tour and Birthday Party!
- Learn how African culture, food, and music have been a part of Lisbon for centuries. This four (4) hour walking tour will explore the city of Lisbon while discovering its African unrevealed history of the enslaved.
- Our tour guide can only accommodate half of the group at one time. Guests can choose from the morning or afternoon tour.
- Lisbon is hilly, so wear your comfortable shoes. Naky, our tour guide, is from Togo and will walk us through Black-owned shops as part of our journey.
- While not touring, explore Lisbon or meet the birthday girl at the pool!!
September 5 2022
Day of Leisure: Souvenir shopping and explore Lisbon on own
Closing Night Reception
For some of us our journey will end in Lisbon. Together we will enjoy good food and excellent wine as we celebrate the memories we created together.
Trip Extension To Porto (September 6-September 10)
The locals describe Porto, Portugal as magical. This is considered one of the best cities in Portugal to visit. I have personally booked my flight into Lisbon (LIS) and out of Porto (OPO) on September 10, 2022.
This part of the trip is not hosted. Together we can explore this additional city before heading home. I have already worked with a transportation coordinator in Lisbon. He is proposing the following:
Those interested depart via bus from Lisbon on Tuesday, September 6 after breakfast.
- Drive 2 hours to a charming town called Duoro Valley
- Stop at a vineyard for lunch and wine tasting
- Drive another 1.5 hours to our hotel in Porto
If you are interested in joining me for the trip extension, please indicate your participation on your RSVP. I will coordinate discounted group rate at a Marriott property for September 6-10.